Low GPU usage in always mine mode

I was wondering if it is normal that my asus strix gtx 1080 never exceeds 15% load when im mining?
are there any configurations outside of the client i need to do?
up to date drivers, OS, BIOS, client

Comments

• I, if you have less than 90% of load when you're (theoretically) mining, it's because ,due to some bug or (mostly) connection error, you do not mine. Try to update your drivers, and check if your anti-malware/firewall block the traffic.

• i am running a pihole at home, that might be it. Thanks

• I'm experiencing a similar problem:
    I have a GTX 1080TI and the usage barely exceeds 40%.
    The amount of Iron increases and doesn't reset, so I assume that mining is actually taking place.
    Does anyone have any ideas, as to what might be the reason for this?

• edited May 2020

Having the same issue with a Radeon RX 5700 XT i have whitelisted the folders and windows firewall does not seem to be blocking anything and i cant get my gpu over 15% while my wifes rig is chugging away on a R580. I also reinstalled drives and client.

• Check GPU memory usage, if it's go up when you switch to "mine always" mode then everything is all right.
    Just limitations of current mining algorhythm I suppose.

• So here is an interesting thing - on Spectrum home internet it does this but if I use hotspot or a VPN, it jumps GPU usage to 100%

• edited May 2020

Task Manager (mostly) doesn´t report the GPU module that´s mining. If you want to see the real usage set it to compute 1.
    (Edit: I think the usage can be reported wrong just look at the temps or hear if the fans get loud)