Confused about mining/earnings

Hello, so a short question. I'm confused. After 17 hours of mining, I finally managed to get 1 Iron. That is a very, very little amount of Iron.. Considering that 100 Iron is almost 1 $, I got 1 cent for 17 hours of my system's top performance? Did I understand that right?

My earning potential is at 1.73 so is it possible for me to mine 1.74 iron in one day if I have 24 hours through mine?

Comments

• what's your gpu? Do the page show 100% gpu loads?

• edited October 2019

I agree. It's a little odd. I think that 100 iron = $1 thing must be an error. I'm seeing $35 games with a predicted completion time of 50 days, which is very roughly $1/day and therefore $1 is more like 1 iron.

[Edit: hmmmm, I have just looked again. I can see that the $35 game also shows as 2600 Iron. Which would make $1 about 75 iron. More importantly, the store says it will take me 50 days to earn, but 2600 Iron is actually more like 5 years' worth of mining at current rates!]

• edited November 2019

I have 1080 G1 and my mining potential its 28.9, i have 259iron(60 mined, 200 from bonus packs) in 3days FYI
    If I try purchase any the system offer me this change/rate: Use IRON Funds € 2.32 (259.70  IRON) available.
    Therefore, either they continue to give us an Iron bonus or the discount is negligible for the 24 hours that the PC must be spent mining.