no method to uninstall the Client?

So I've recently installed the client, but I now have no option to uninstall it again. The option is greyed out and there appears to be no uninstaller. How can I uninstall the Client?

Comments

• What OS are you on? I'm on Windows 10 and it uninstalls just fine. :open_mouth:

• edited August 2019

Also Windows 10 (newest version). The option to uninstall is greyed out here (like for some essential Windows Apps). Very unusual.

• @weirdman that is unusual, uninstalling under "Apps & Features" in Windows 10 should work just fine. If you have issues feel free to contact support.

• For issues like that i can only recommend "Geek Uninstaller" ... google it.

• Execute maintenancetool.exe (in the root of your install of Robot Cache) and choose "uninstall componement"

• Remove all components
      (and, I think it's a bug, but there was a .new after maintenancetool.exe and maintenancetool.dat, think about removing it if you have it too;)
  • maintenancetool.exe worked fine removed all parts, thanks

• That .New extension sounds like an Update Installer issue where the file extension wasn't edited after the original executable was deleted. After the client is restarted directly after an update there should be some kind of manifest or registry key that's checked followed by an installation verification procedure that verifies the installation integrity, updates any files & directories, downloads any missing components then restarting & repeating as necessary.