Mining costs vs. earnings

edited July 2019 in Mining

Hi everyone,

I am taking the following assumptions. please correct me if I am wrong about the numbers:

• 1 IRON = 0.01 €, in case I want to use them to buy a game at RobotCache.
  • 100% GPU usage is being shown in MSI Afterburner while I am mining with the RC-Client
  • In my case this is something around 220-300W Power consumption only for my 2080 Ti per hour
  • 1kW costs roughly 0.30€ in my region (Germany, btw.)
  • Which means, letting my rig mine for 1-hour costs ~0.10€ (if I only count the GPU with 300W)
  • In about 36 Minutes I was able to mine ~1.6 IRON, and if this keeps up, I will mine around 3 IRON/hour

So this means, I have to invest 0.10€ per hour to mine but get only a reward of around 0.03€ out at the same time. Is this correct?

Please don't get me wrong here, I am supporting and rooting for RobotCache. It's just that I want to get the facts straight before we can start a discussion about potential improvements.

as always,
my best regards
HC

Comments

• Danke für diese(für mich) hilfreiche Übersicht.

• I made a video showing where I was at after mining for 170 hours. Check it out, I need all the support I can get, so give me a follow if you enjoyed it!

• Hi! you forgot that your power supply has an "efficiency" (since 240 v in AC is not equal to 12 v in DC) so the majority of power supplies have an efficiency between 85 and 95% (it also depends on how much you consume on your power supply) which means that you consume on the network on average 10% of 300 watts ;)

• @HornyCaspar aaaa, we can ping! so check my comment above ^^

• That was a nice video @Logicbomb, thanks!