Free to play

is there a plan to add free to play games? and you would be able to buy in-game stuff with iron

Comments

• i would like this as well but i doubt it, as it wouldn't keep the coins for reselling.

• I think having f2p games on the platform is a must to be honest.

• F2P titles are on the roadmap and something you will see in the near future!

• that would be good htq nordic put time splitter on here as free to play

• Hmm, I don't believe in having games like this around. Since in my experience such games only attract people who never want to pay for anything - but cry the loudest when a game includes a Pay2Win Item Shop.

Also, the rewards (1000 Iron+) for challenges are pretty easy to get with such F2P games.

I'd rather enjoy Pay2Play games like Guildwars, Elder Scrolls Online or Black Desert Online. However, this would be a bigger project to include them with their additional subscription offers.

• @Rheam, I agree F2P would attract freeloaders.

• I am ok with free to play games or pay to play games but not with pay to win games,

• Can platform gift some simple game to play while mining are active? Also to test client for downloading games etc.

• edited June 2020

I think the biggest issue with F2P isn't freeloaders but scammers; freeloaders trolling F2P games appear to me as toxic scammers and have issue with those types in the past in games like Warframe and Warface. F2P is an awesome concept, but the game niche isn't solely exploited by the developer/publisher as it's made to appear (thinking about things like loot boxes; etc.). Additionally, F2P titles are free for everyone even toxic individuals whom like to make life difficult for those just looking to relax and have a good time.

Being able to gift a game would be an awesome feature too (paraphrasing MiSTiK).