i wonder how is this going to work...

so, in short

Store Side:

• Store selection is pretty shallow, i'ts mostly indie and AA games at best, but with AAA pricing all over the place.

• Store say it only take 5% cut BUT everything is more expensive than steam which takes (30%) and also more expensive than EGS (15%?), So why would gamers pay 60$ in RC rather than 50$ (or less with regional pricing) for the same game, regardless of how much the platform takes.

• Have to mine 100 hours to get (so far) really poor games/rewards, Steam doesn't give anything like that, but EGS is handing free games like cookies.

• There is no regional pricing, again, making little incentive to buy anything on the store, exemple: Tyranny on RC = 30$, Steam Deluxe (50% sale) = 58rmb-8.3$, even without sales 16.5$ THAT IS 50% of the RC price for god sake.
    Same with Wasteland 2, Steam current sale Digital deluxe at 50rmb-7$/RC=12$ again almost half price.
    The problem is that its the same with almost every single title that is readily available in both store, i dont have a single title cheaper on RC despite them taking only 5%.

• With actual pricing, EVEN uincluding potential resell value, you still save more money buying it off EGS/GoG/Steam than buying here and reselling the game, doesn't make sense to me.

Mining Side:

• Mining has a 15% fee, which is already high by most pool standards.

• mining efficiency is pretty much super low, with a 2080ti, i mine ~ 1.3-1.5$ a day on Nicehash, on RC it mined less than 80 Iron on 24h uninterrupted mining and thats with a 2.5% founder boost and a 7.5% 24h boost (so 10%), which is 0.8$, i'm literally mining 50% of what i would mine any other place, so why should i give my power to RobotCache? there is no incentive besides bounties. (EDIT i mined Exaclty 86 Iron in 40H, that is 43Iron/24h= 43 cents)

• on the bounties: 25h/100h mining to get poor rewards, by RC metrics its roughly 4$/8$ mining for the high end GPU on market, while it's 8+/16$ mining on any real pool. if at least the payment was roughly the same as normal mining pools OR bounties where actually interesting i wouldn't mind but its simply not the case.

• considering the payouts, most miners on this software, are actually paying money (electricity) to mine, so we Miners are giving RC free money.

-Mining speed is all over the place even when doing nothing, sometimes it mines 20Mh/s sometimes 40Mh/s... makes no sense.

So far, i've just tested the app, but while the Idea of the platform is interesting, the applications are really poor.

this plateform is simply not interesting as a miner/gamer, you make twice the amount of money you would in this app with any actual pool,
the incentive to give 100h of mining isn't worth it either so far, especially in addition to the above issues,
store prices are inflated while they should be cheaper, i'm sorry but if you only take 5% why are the games more expensive here than other plateform that take 30% ? how do you justify it ?

so far, the way i see using this, is just mining on other app, get actual $, and use that money to buy cheap Steam games, or rack up the insane amount of free games EGS is handing out.

your thoughts ?

Comments

• @Batailleuse Some good feedback. Some quick clarifications.

• Pricing: Publishers set their pricing, and most usually match the same price as other platforms. Discounts and Sales may alter this, as the different platforms have sales at different times. i.e. Robot Cache Winter Sale is right in line with other platforms but again dependent on what publishers set.
    • There is regional pricing for the countries/currency we support. An account in those regions will see such pricing and it is very similar to other platforms.
    • Mining, as we are still in Early Access there is optimization and features that are still forthcoming. We also have just a small number of our estimated potential in the RC Mining pool and very possible that we will have one of the largest mining pools in the world. https://www.robotcache.com/mining
    • Mining is being optimized all the time. Have you tried mining on the lastest RC Client?