Overheating while mining

Hello,

I got a GTX 1080, and before the last update, she was caped to 82°C even after 6 hour mining, and i felt it ok.
Now, she easily hit the 95°C after only 5 minuts, all steam ahead.

I can't let her all the day like this, too affraid about a burning card game. I just can't risk any damage on her, since i can't buy a new one, and 95°C seems too high to me.

Did you change smth in the way of mining ? As you may see, i mined a bit.

Ho, and i forgot to say that i'm not mining anything more. Still smth like 0.00001 or 0.00002 per second. I say because i saw in patch notes that we should earn more, but if my graphic card heat is too high, i won't mine anymore.

Comments

• edited December 2019

GTX 1070, my temperature rised from 70 to 80°C, MHash dropped from 25 to 9-13Mhash, getting about 10 more shares but they dont give as many iron as before (mining new cryptocoins?), power usage is slightly higher

• If you are still experiencing issues, please submit a support and we will be happy to troubleshoot any issues. There were changes in the algorithms used, many Nvidia users should see increased IRON earned.

• When I leaving PC for mining I always change settings in GPU managment software.

• Im using Asus GPU Tweak 2 + MSI Afterburner (sometimes)
    I usually change temperature setttings to 75 degree celcius.